A writing retreat!
This weekend, the FNC is leaving the city to have a super-productive 48 hours of writing and critiquing. This little escape is in honor of the 3-year anniversary of our first group writing getaway in April 2009, at the SCBWI-EPA Pocono Retreat.
|The idyllic view from our retreat-house.|
But seriously, we're going to write ALL the words!
(Probably in this living room.)
And I desperately need to write, because my life has been this ridiculously busy mishmash of...
- boring everyday things that manage to eat up so much time (dishes, why do you keep getting dirty?), plus
- 9-hour workdays, plus
- consecutive birthday celebrations (yay birthdays!), plus
- starting Crossfit classes (why do I hate myself again?), plus
- MoH duties for my sister (hi, Janet!), plus
- a newfound addiction to Dexter (the next episode is RIGHT THERE, I can't say no)
... and somehow, writing has taken a backseat. And I'm really frustrated with myself for allowing this to happen, because I love my novel and I miss my characters and I need to get back into the habit of writing regularly, no excuses. This weekend will be the beginning of that.
Oh, and we'll have wifi, so keep an eye on the blog and our Twitter accounts for updates on our hijinks and word counts.
Anyway, here's to hoping that you guys have a productive (and fun) writing weekend also!
* Want to plan your own affordable writing retreat? Check out our how-to post!