|See this book? It's amazing. So amazing|
that we wish we wrote it. You really, really
should read this book.
First off, I want to give a shout out to Between Books. This indie bookstore has been around for over 30 years, and it's everything an indie should be --- small, personable, quirky, and crammed full of great books, with a passionate and friendly staff. I wish the FNC lived closer, but we'll be sure to stop by next time we're in the area!
Now --- the signing!
Frankie and Jeri became friends during the Branson writers' retreat in February, and all we heard about was how awesome and fun Jeri is. And Frankie was right!
Five reasons Jeri Smith-Ready is (1) awesome and (2) fun:
- She brought yummy Italian cookies! And scones! (AKA my dinner)
- She read from SHIFT ... with a SCOTTISH ACCENT for Zachary.
- She is super friendly and laid-back.
- She has an adult series about vampire DJs. I bought the first book, and I'm sure books 2 and 3 will be purchased shortly, because everything she writes is awesome.
- She chatted with us about random things like the upcoming Rapture (that never happened) and college mottos (don't even ask).
Did you know? Because Jeri writes paranormal, she tends to read a lot of contemporary --- which is why her novels have such a great contemporary vibe!
We took some photos at the signing (which was quite the blogger-palooza), and here they are!
|Jeri, Frankie, Sara, me, Steph Su, and Kelly Lyman|
|Jena and Steph Su|
|Sara and Kelly|
|Steph Su and 3/4 of the FNC!|
|Action shot! Jeri signing Kelly's book.|